The Role of Dopamine In Addiction With Dr. Anna Lembke
Since it has been 10 years since I started the podcast, I wanted to highlight some of the most popular episodes with you. This one is with Dr. Anna Lembke. She is Chief of the Stanford Addiction Medicine Dual Diagnosis Clinic at Stanford University and author of the #1 Bestseller “Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance In the Age of Indulgence”.
Over the years, I have found myself repeatedly sharing what I learned from her book, to explain the role dopamine plays in addiction, why we get so depleted of dopamine after drinking and using, and how we can speed up the process of healing.
If you are early in recovery and you're struggling you don’t have to do this alone. There are many paths to recovery, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. If traditional methods haven't worked for you, you might want to consider coaching. I have been supporting people in early recovery for over 30 years now. In my process, I use methods like internal family systems, hypnosis, and goal-oriented coaching to help you get to the root causes and help you build momentum in sobriety. If you'd like to learn more, visit makesobrietystick.com to see if coaching is for you.
So without further delay, please enjoy this episode with Dr. Anna Lembke.
SHOW NOTES:
Guest Website:
👊🏼Need help applying this information to your own life?
Here are 3 ways to get started:
🎁Free Guide: 30 Tips for Your First 30 Days - With a printable PDF checklist
Grab your copy here: https://www.soberlifeschool.com
☎️Private Coaching: Make Sobriety Stick
https://www.makesobrietystick.com
Subscribe So You Don’t Miss New Episodes!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Amazon Music, or you can stream it from my website HERE.
You can also watch the interview on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@theonedayatatimepodcast?sub_confirmation=1
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-one-day-at-a-time-recovery-podcast/id1212504521
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4I23r7DBTpT8XwUUwHRNpB
Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/a8eb438c-5af1-493b-99c1-f218e5553aff/the-one-day-at-a-time-recovery-podcast
Comments
Post a Comment